FIRE OUTBREAK IN OBAFEMI AWOLOWO Hall, University of Ibadan

Spread the love

Obafemi Awolowo Hall,University of Ibadan witnessed a pandemonium as a room in the G block area of the hall totally caught fire.

According to sources, a student in room G30 was cooking in her room when a loud bang and a scream was heard. The room was totally burnt and it also affected the next room a little.

The University of Ibadan’s fire department responded quickly and contained the fire.

It may however be added that as at now, there are conflicting thoughts about what really caused the fire, as some sources have said it was a gas cooker and others have said it was a stove.

Meanwhile, the hall management has ordered Awoites in G and F block to evacuate the hall with immediate effect.

See pictures below :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.